Friday, June 16, 2006

XIII Page 003


As I said, Page 3 is a Title Page. See? I wasn't neither kidding nor lying. I'll have more real pages this weekend. Does Sunday sound nice enough to you? It does to me. Sunday it is.
More about the creation of this particular story:
This story has its most basic origins in a story I developed nearly 6 years ago. It was about a guy who got fed up with his job, quit and decided to tour around the world (But he didn't kill anyone! Big change there! And not the only one). During his travels around an imaginary country, he meets a girl who lives with an abusive father who runs away with him (Another huge difference! Hah!). The guy's at first reluctant, but ultimately acquiesces, and thus they travel the world!
Over time, this story slowly died, its elements incorporated into other stories, until ultimately the idea for this story came... Which is also derived from ANOTHER more complex story. But that tale will have to wait, or else I won't have much to say on Sunday.
On other Comics I'm working on:
* DREAM(LESS) is definetely on hold. I can't figure out the direction of that story yet. It's a huge challenge, mainly because it's LONGER and more COMPLEX than almost any story I've ever thought of. I love the concept, and how much it has changed (It feels more mature now than how it felt, say, 2 months ago), but something tells me it needs to rest a bit more. Like good wine.
* Regular, funny Yet Untitled will return after XIII. I was seriously out of ideas for YU (Or rather, the timing for most ideas was off). Now everything seems to have been somewhat fixed, thankfully.
* I I sent a submission for the Scary Go Round Idol, which was obviously not selected. Oh well. I have no regrets. I work colorless, and am nothing but a beginning "comiquero". At least I tried! I will post the comic here after XIII, though, so you can bask in its bizarre suckiness (It's not that bad, really, but it is... Weird. My kind of weird, mind you).
Oh well. Gotta paint stuff! But first, WORK!

No comments: