Thursday, June 01, 2006

013 - Metaphorical Representation of Your Average Internet Discussion
(A.K.A. Twisted and Surreal Tribute to Akira Toriyama)

This is my humble guide in which I detail how to argue on the internet. First, you state how right you are and how the other person is wrong; you will receive a likewise similar response. This stage can last a long time, because both participants will insist about the rightness of their points and the wrongness of the others', until one of them starts with the unavoidable provocations. These might be veiled in the form of sarcasm, or direct verbal attacks against the person. The most common form of insult relates to the other side's moms, GTFO, n00b, and similarly infantile appelatives. The insults rise up in heat and, if they're not moderated, they get to the point in which each character will brag about their size of their ego for hours. HOURS. All this last part of the discussion will obviously be about how the individual in question has experience in said topic, and how the other side knows shit about it. They continue doing this until they're both totally pissed, popping, like, a million angry raging boners in a second and being total dickwads. The battle ends when one of the parties leaves the discussion, which usually means that the party who stayed in the end feels like they won... But so does the party who left right there and then. In reality, nobody wins, 'cause they're douchebags.

Anyways, I grew up watching Dragon Ball Z. You could say it was my inspiration for a short while, in Middle High. Then I grew out of the whole DBZ look. It would take a while to grow beyond your average Anime look, though, and I'm still working on it. I remembered Dragon Ball because they're airing it on Cartoon Network Latinamerica during Toonami (At 11 PM at night, local time! Awesome!).

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, I did not pencil this comic. It was straight to ink, with no planned dialogues and... Anything, actually. It just sorta popped in the page. It shows. It stinks. BAD. Oh well, it took me 30 minutes to do it (One Dragon Ball episode, actually! It was the 3rd one, if my memory serves me right, in which Gokou gets the golden cloud), which was ok considering the RAGING HEADACHES I've been feeling. Doctor says I'm sick, I'm getting analysis done on Saturday. I hope I'm not dying or anything.

No comments: