Wednesday, June 14, 2006

XIII Page 002
We continue today, with page #2 of XIII. This week, instead of the regular 2 Comics Per Week thing, we get MORE and MORE pages! It's true! I'm working non-stop after getting out of work, now. As a matter of fact, I have pages 3-5 completely finished and ready to post right here, right now. But I won't. Not until Friday, anyways. Be warned, though, that Page 003 is a title page, which is a bit forebodding about the events in page 004.
What I like about working on "XIII" is that I can apply the concepts I've learned from the Comiquero project and the other strips here (Including the whole Megatokyo thing). The one thing I consider the most relevant about "XIII" is that it is a short story, and as such, the pacing is quick, sometimes leaving many things unexplained. Like names, for example.
When I conceived "XIII", I was planning for it to be around 50 pages long. In fact, these two pages were supposed to be around 5 or 6 pages! With names, more background and dialogue. However, as time passed, I began to realize that most of what was said in those 5 and 6 pages could easily be narrated, which is why we read what the girl thinks about the situation. She has become the narrator, and as such can choose to ommit unnecessary details. She was also supposed to assist him more than twice (4 times, I think), with varying degrees of assistance. The first time she helped him, though, has a much better pace now, and introduces a couple of lines of dialogue I had not considered in the original idea. Something tells me the end is gonna change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MADRE DE DIOS!!!!!

yes, anonymous demansd MOAR!