Monday, July 10, 2006

XIII Page 007
We're entering the next-to-final phase of XIII. I thought I was further ahead with the pages, which is why I was teasing with a bigger announcement I am not making yet (EIDRIEN, YOU STAY HUSH! You're pretty much one of the few people who know what I'm talking about, though my motivations and ideologies behind this mess are still a mystery even to you; be patient, that is all I ask of you)

So, first things first... NEWS! I am back from Anime Expo and had a blast. I was also still down with Teh Salmonella (I blame the food at work, which is why I'm never eating at that place again), which meant a lot of meds and eating the greenests Subway subs every day for a week (I can't complain much, though, 'cause I love mine Subways to death, even if it's a fridge-cold sandwich, like the one I had for breakfast on Monday July 3rd).
Second news item: Did I mention I might need glasses? I took the Good Ol' Glasses I used nearly 5 years ago (I got better. Seriously! I was a computer junkie back then, but now that I have to work on a computer for nearly 9 hours a day it's become increasingly difficult to keep the insane migraines away). They still kinda work! Amazing. I still got to go check with the eye doctor, though, 'cause I'm pretty sure I will need to get some adjustments in these. Any autobiographical comics post-today will probably include myself with glasses, which will probably give you a good temporal reference.

I did say two new pages, right? Well, I wasn't kidding. Here's the other new page. Was that disapponting? Don't think of it that way. Re-read everything once again. Some thing may make more sense now.

The shocking revelation will definetely have to wait. Mark your count: Page Eleven. It's entirely coincidental... But there are no coincidences, really. Eleven is the number of my birth, after all.
Though there is one thing to mention concerning the throughput of pages of XIII from now on. I feel 100% better, but I am still taking it easy, which means I will be making 1.5 pages every two days, in average. Be patient... I am still ahead (How do you think I know Page Eleven is the one with the ominous announcement? It's already inked and scanned, sitting right in the pile where all the other XIII pages lie), which means I can manage to be regular for a while.

Now, Anime Expo! Pre-Day, June 30th, Flight and Arrival. The most unexpected thing was that I got a huge rash. All over my face and shoulders. That freaked out my Party Roommates (Abraham, Gela, Maiky and Myself were in the Party Room; the rest of the guys were in the Boring Room; our assesment was 100% correct!), because I looked real bad. The flight was early, so I was the first one to arrive at the hotel. That was a quite evening. We played some New Super Mario Bros. VS and I discovered that Maiky was a mean abyss dumper (Which means he has a tendency to kill you by jumping on top of your head right on top of an abyss! A cruel way of getting rid of your enemy!), and Argentina lost against Portugal in penalty kicks. Oh well! Better luck next time, boys! Thanks to the magic of Pre-Register and a US address, Abraham and myself already had our badges, so we just went to the ACC to pick up our badge holder and programmes. It was amazing seeing all those cosplayers camping outside a whole day before the actual convention. Borderline surreal... If we weren't from Mexico, it wouldn't have felt so natural. It was pretty exciting, actually. That night, I had a hard time going to sleep. And yet, it was a restful sleep... Necessary for the hectic day that was July 1st! Opening Ceremonies! Clamp! AMV! But that's the subject of another post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok then i keep myself in silence, but please....

post MOARRRRRRR