Monday, April 24, 2006

EDRMT 003 - THE INFINITE CODE



Long time no see! I was inadvertedly forced to take an extended absence from Comic-Making due to an overwhelming amount of work (And, of course, Silent Hill). It was, however, somewhat planned, as this enables me to finish this saga by the weekend. (Yes! Only four comics! Each more Deviant than the previous!). Anyways, onwards with the explanations!
The first thing you'll notice about this comic is that it is based in none of the MT comics in existance. Remember one of my previous analysis, where I talked about how Megatokyo had too many characters? Well, in this particular instance, Ping and Miho are a single entity: Ping, the original A.I. within the Ping Unit, and MIHO, a clever and downright malicious A.I. bent on taking over the world to turn it into its own playground. An A.I. gone wrong, she's Largo and Piro's most insidious enemy, in both online games and real life. In this comic, she reveals herself and her intentions, while we also learn about Largo's mystic quest that granted him supernatural powers... Or not. Maybe he's just delusional, like Miho, who just doesn't understand how reality works and is bound to fail anyways. In their own fantasies, however, they do battle, and if you must know, Largo emerges really hurt, yet victorious. Androids are electric too, you know? SHOCKING. Literally.
The second thing, is that the scan is VERY poor. You see, this comic had a lot of trouble to begin with... It was hard to make, 75% of the dialogue changed throughout the entire week I was at work with it, and the penciles smeared a lot... I had to clean it up REAL BAD before scanning it. It was tedious work, I can tell you.
I know this sounds like just another promise, but I still want to post the sketches I made in preparation for this stupid epic.
And the next comic, I dedicate to 4chan. It feels like the right thing to do.
It will also be the last Deconstruction of Megatokyo I do, and the best possible ending for the MT comic, in my humble, biased, possibly totally wrong opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLLY MOTHER OF ALL THATS GOOD?????

de 4chan???, realmente estare esperando eso man!!!!

chidas y suerte aca de tu lector luker-anonymous-que-nunca-olvida

ad